I remember watching my Grandma make this, it always was so sticky and good. You can use any type of nuts. Great for the holidays!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 2 cups of raw shelled peanuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt.
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil
- Add the raw shelled peanuts.
- Stir constantly and cook until the mixture turns light brown in color. (This is a very important part of making peanut brittle. You want to make sure it has a good color)
- Remove mixture from heat and
- Add the one-teaspoon of baking soda and the pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture thinly onto waxed paper and let it cool.
- Simply break into bit size pieces and enjoy