Good Grow Group Chili
- 1 # ground beef
- 1 # ground pork
- 2 med onions (approx 1 cup) chopped
- 1 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 2 or 3 slices of hot peppers depending on your taste for the HOT
- 2 qts tomatoes, whole & sauce is usually how I do it
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 T chili powder or more to taste
- 1 T. cumin or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 t salt (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes, paprika, black pepper, mixed herbs, hot sauce
- Brown first 4 ingredients. Add the rest and cover and simmer for 2 hours, stir occasionally (if you are in a hurry you can cook Chili uncovered for 45 minutes)
- Stir in 1 can of kidney beans, drained. Heat and serve.
- Cornbread or crackers are good with this chili
You can use all beef for this if you want. Some like it as Chili Mac so we cook a ½ package of macaroni for those who like that. Nice dish for a “chili” night!