We were lucky enought to get several dozen ears of corn, so I’m freezing some and making
Sweet Corn Relish
- 10 fresh ears of sweet yellow corn husks and silk removed, slice kernels off the cob with a sharp knife
- 2 large red bell peppers , cored, and finely chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers , cored and finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery , finely chopped
- 1 large yellow or sweet onion , finely chopped
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 whole allspice berries
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Ladle the relish into hot sterilized jars and seal with lids. Process the jars in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Keep stored in a dark, cool place. Will keep at least one year. Once opened, store in the fridge for up to two months.
Makes approximately 8 pints
- Note: Wait a week or two before eating the relish to allow time for the vinegar to mellow out.