This recipe can be used with a bread machine You can use any combination of herbs you like in this bread, adjust the recipe to complement the meal you are serving. Another favorite combination is dill and onion bread. Change the herbs in the recipe above to 1/4 c finely chopped onion and 1 tbsp dried dill leaf (or three tbsp fresh).
- 2 tsp dried rosemary (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp each dried oregano and basil (or 1 tbsp each fresh)
- 3 c flour
- 2 tsp bread machine yeast (I use regular quick acting yeast)
- 1 c warm water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- Place in machine according to machine instructions, flour, salt and herbs first, then the water and egg and oil, add the sugar and yeast on top of the rest of the ingredients (or if you make bread by hand, you already know what to do).
- A few minutes into kneading, check that the dough is the consistency that you want, add any flour or extra water that you need to make a nice consistency, not too wet or too dry.
- Bake in bread maker using large loaf, light crust setting.
- Can also be baked in the oven after it mixes and rises.