Here it is the 6th of December already! I will try to get the Christmas decorations out this weekend. It’s not been too cold so getting in the attic isn’t so bad right now.
I learned something yesterday while fooling around with my recipe plugin. If I delete the plug in all my recipes disappear! Not just unformated, but gone! So I’ve decided, even tho they won’t look as pretty, I’m going to put them in as plain text. I lost a whole web site to Go Daddy the same way. Proprietary software. Always be on the lookout.
Anyway: here’s the Chili recipe I made last night. Every bit was eaten and it was so good!
Good Grow Group Chili
- 1 # ground beef
- 1 # ground pork
- 2 med onions (approx 1 cup) chopped
- 1 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 2 or 3 slices of hot peppers depending on your taste for the HOT
- 2 qts tomatoes, whole & sauce is usually how I do it
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 T chili powder or more to taste
- 2 tsp cumin or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 t salt (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes, paprika, black pepper, mixed herbs
- Brown first 4 ingredients. Add the rest and cover and simmer for 2 hours, stir occasionally (if you are in a hurry you can cook Chili uncovered for 45 minutes)
- Stir in 1 can of kidney beans, drained. Heat and serve.
- Cornbread or crackers are good with this chili
Some like it as Chili Mac so we cook a ½ package of macaroni for those who like that. Nice dish for a “chili” night!